- Ensure that all video and audio is encrypted
- If you are recording the video or audio, make sure your recording platform supports encryption as well
- Ensure that your compliance officers are part of any decisions made in terms of Telemedicine
- Conduct regular security audits of your communications
As you are beginning your initiatives, you may want to consider recording you telemedicine sessions. The recordings can be part of the medical record. Additionally, a copy of the recording can be given to the patient for further consultation.
So, as you see, telemedicine truly is part of Unified Communications. It includes items like video conferencing, recording, telephony, and such. It is time vendors link the two.
- Is TeleMedicine the Future Trend for Personalized Healthcare? (hchen84.wordpress.com)
- Patient reports via telemedicine result in lower blood pressure (eurekalert.org)
- 2013 – The Year Telemedicine Breaks Out? (acutecaretelemed.wordpress.com)